Empowerment and Promotion
Empowerment and Promotion, Documenting the Geneva Boys & Girls Club
Student Researcher: Mark Bruce, H’11
Community Partner: Arlene Francis, Boys and Girls Club
Faculty Advisor: Professor Khuram Hussain
The Geneva Boys and Girls Club documentary was created in order to show how both the youth club and teen center of Geneva give youth the tools needed to succeed in life. The Boys and Girls Club is a nationally known and respected organization, and the purpose of the project was to demonstrate how the Club empowers the community and children of Geneva. The documentary portrays the support the Club gives to the children; it displays the different activities children take part in to develop life skills and improve academic achievement, and the emotional support experienced at the Club.
- Database Development for the Ovid Food Pantry
- Elementary Education: What Really Matters
- Beyond Sport—Sportsmanship: A Story of Community, Companionship and Charity
- Cultivating the Revitalization of Downtown Geneva
- Juveniles and Justice in Geneva
- Empowerment and Promotion, Documenting the Geneva Boys & Girls Club
- Feasibility Study for an Egg Cooperative in Geneva
- Social Media, HWS students, and Boost!
- Are HWS Students Prepared for a Life of Engaged Citizenship?
- What is a Walking School Bus?
- Recycling in Seneca County
- Success for Geneva’s Children – 2011 Data Report
- After-School Programs: an Analysis of Best Practices and Program Recommendations
- Family Engagement and High Sbchool Graduation Rates
- Swimming on Seneca Lake – Where’s the Beach?
- Building Upon Best Practices of Upstate New York Literacy Coalitions for the Benefit of Geneva Reads
- Geneva Girls on the Go - Beth O'Connor '12, Lauren Morosky '12, Jessica Cook '10
- Lyons Community Center Programming Research - Francesca Antonucci '10
- Building Bridges in Geneva - Hillary Anderson '10
- Satisfaction of Subsidized Housing - Molly Lieberman
- The Economic and Civic Impact of Hobart and William Smith Colleges on Geneva - Ross Hicks '11
- Consulting for R.E.A.L Using sociology to enhance the Yates County Family Planning Services Program - Fredrick Turney '10
- Gender, Socialization, and Service Patterns in College Students - Kathyrn Giese
- Local Produce Food Co-op - Alex Hallowell '10
- Cecilia Teye-Ampomah - Campus Child Care Initiative
- Leslie Hopke - Phelps Community Center Senior Citizen Program Study
- Christina Kinnevey - Success for Geneva's Children 2009 Data Booklet
- Emma Daley - Success for Geneva's Children 2009 Data Booklet
- Jacquelyn Sands - American Cancer Society: Daffodil Days Program