Alums in the Media
HWS graduates have always gone on to careers with the media, but we have only recently added a Media and Society major. HWS alums are eager to provide guidance for students who are interested in pursuing media-related careers.
Here's a sampling of some HWS alums who have careers in the media:
- John Baxley '84: Production Manager/Executive - ABC/Disney
- Katherine E. Blodgett '80: Assistant Director of Public Relations - Philadelphia Orchestra
- Kent L. Brown '65: Editor in Chief - Highlights for Children
- Lawrence C. Burstein '74: Publisher - New York Magazine
- Wendy Ettinger '78: Casting Director - Wendy Ettinger Casting
- Dana Glaser '98: Producer for the Today Show - NBC
- Elizabeth Granfort '84: Beauty Editor - YM Magazine
- L.R. Hock '69: VP/Promotion - Universal Studios, Inc.
- H.R. Jackson '66: Senior VP/Production -Fox Sports Net (FSN)
- Holman Jenkins '82: Writer/Editor - Wall Street Journal
- Kellie King '94: Producer - Inside Edition
- Scott Kirshenbaum '93: Director/NCAA Event Marketing - CBS Sports
- Brian Lenihan '03: Video Editor/Music Director - Florida Panthers
- Ronald Levy '66: President - Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Khalida Lockheed '92: Digital Designer - Nickelodeon's Blues Clues
- Gary DeWitt Marshall '89: Actor - The Song of Jacob Zulu (Broadway), Rennaissance Man and In & Out (Film)
- Karim Mawji '92: Vice President - MTV Networks
- Christopher McDonald '77: Actor/President - Middle Son Production, Inc.
- Mark Neveldine '95: Writer/Director - Crank, Crank II, Pathology, Game
- Jeffrey Pellegrini '92: VP Advertising Sales - Discovery Channel
- Joel Rose '70: Writer - Marie Clare Magazine
- Charles Salisbury '63: President/Director - Salisbury Broadcasting Corp.
- Sarah Shumway '01: Editor - Dutton Children's Books/Penguin Group
- Gregory Stewart '95: Cameraman - ESPN & Access Hollywood
- Laura Sydell '83: Correspondent - National Public Radio
- Hannah Wallander '96: Graphics Editor - New York Times Company
- William Whitaker '73: Correspondent - CBS, Inc.
- Dorothy Wickenden '76: Journalist and Executive Editor - The New Yorker
- Irene Zutell '87: Writer - People Magazine
The HWS Media Club is an organization for students who have an interest in the various facets of media (film, television, print, blogs, art, politics), and how they affect society.
For more information about these organizations or to learn about starting your own media-themed club, contact Kristen Tobey (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Student Activities.