The Center for Teaching and Learning at Hobart and William Smith Colleges promotes an engaged, productive, innovative, and inclusive intellectual community for faculty and students. The CTL serves as a catalyst for excellence in teaching and learning by providing enrichment programs for faculty and students.
At the Center for Teaching and Learning, we believe that in order to create, innovate, inspire, and lead lives of consequence, our journeys begin with 4 cornerstones: we ENGAGE in our own learning processes in order to ACCOMPLISH the goals we set so that we can EMPOWER ourselves and others and ENRICH our lives as learners and teachers.
The Center for Teaching and Learning promotes critical engagement and reflection on teaching and learning in pursuit of HWS’s commitment to excellence, equity, innovation, and engaged citizenship. We view both teaching and learning as a collaborative process that values diversity of learning, teaching, and disciplinary styles.
Goals and Objectives
- Promote student’s engagement in their own learning processes; promote engaging, inclusive, effective, and innovative teaching.
- Support all students in accomplishing learning goals.
- Inspire and assist Colleges-wide initiatives on teaching and learning.
- Support the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL).
- Develop and maintain resources to advance teaching and learning.
- Provide reasonable disability related accommodations.